Investment Portfolio, Retirement Plan Review, Credit Risk Analysis, Sales Reports ...
Keeping clients, shareholders and management informed with understandable and highly personalized reports is good business – for the recipients, such reports build confidence and strengthen relationships. Charts, tables, text and images in these reports are not only important to demonstrate the performance of the business but are also often a required component of regulatory and policy compliance. User-interactive customization makes the information relevant for each individual in your audience - adding knowledge, context and insight relative to their direct interests.
Complexity comes with making such reports "interactive", if business users can provide input and manipulate output as part of their analysis and report creation: Selecting and editing paragraphs, inserting images, changing chart type, selecting data range for chart and tables. The perfect personalized report is generated in real-time WYSIWYG mode for multichannel delivery.
However, complicated and code-heavy programming in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software is typically needed for dynamic report generation. Extra coding leads to increased effort, high maintenance costs, missed deadlines and inconsistency in style and appearance.
Papyrus Client on the desktop and in the browser provides extensive, powerful Interactive Reporting functionality with dynamic charts, tables and word processing capabilities.
- Creative developer teams use Papyrus Designer to create report templates with reusable elements (logos, fonts, headers, footers tables, charts, text, data, address, rules, etc.), live data and all related objects.
- Power users work with a Papyrus EYE Web or thick client-based application to assemble report templates using the pre-defined building blocks and to specify authorized delivery channels, inserts and attachments and taxonomy classification for Records Management.
- Templates move through development stages to test before being made available to the business user (i.e., customer relationship manager) in production.
Using a single approved template, the business user can request:
- Report generation for a specific customer to customize interactively
- Batch production of reports to be manually enhanced and completed
- Batch production of reports and automatically deliver without user interactivity
- On-demand report generation
Role-based access (RBAC) determines which users can view or edit paragraphs or charts and other elements can be dynamically controlled and conditional on data values or user role, for example.
Papyrus digital asset management with WebRepository automatically manages the distribution of all objects and resources and ensures that the right images, scanned signatures, logos, fonts and text blocks, like legal disclaimers, company profile or marketing messages, are immediately available wherever required.
The report generated by the Papyrus Client is the electronic original and archive copy, 100% identical to the report viewed in PDF in the browser, printed and sent to the end customer. Indexed for searching, reports are generated in AFP and PDF for high-quality print, e-mail and Web to support branding and formatting consistency across platforms and output channels.
Interactive Document Development
Interactive Document Creation (Clerk)
- Single definition of GUIs for web and desktop simplifies development and user training
- Real-time, highly personalized report generation
- Customizable sophisticated chart presentation of business data
- Report templates defined once for multiple report generation options
- Flexible data interfacing, no hard coded APIs
- Unprecedented flexibility for scaling to cope with peaks in demand
- Increased searchable report content for current files or archives
- Branding and formatting consistency across platforms and output channels
- Identical GUI through desktop client or via Papyrus Web portal nodes
- Business rules and logic to drive workflow
- Same templates used for user-interactive and batch reporting
- Editorial control of elements such as headers, footers, text blocks, graphics, chats
- Version control for every element and template
- Role-based access (RBAC) for editing and data entry
- Dynamic control and conditional action on data values or user role
- Data population using combination of user entry and other data interfaces
- Electronic stickers for notes during routing, review and approval
- Real-time report previews in multiple languages
- Options for direct report delivery or forwarding to post-processing center for bundling
- Customer Care online search and view of reports for reprint
- Flexible and secure access to work through portal, desktop or offline
Sales Representative / Customer Relationship Manager:
Professionals highly skilled in stock portfolios, pension laws and plans or investment vehicles and strategies need tools that make it simpler to customize and deliver expert information and advice to clients who trust them with building wealth for their future.
As part of their full-service advice to customers, these financial professionals work with applications running in Papyrus Client and EYE Desktop as a plug-in the Browser or as a fat client to customize the report to the specific situation and needs of each customer. Working offline or through the integrated portal, the advisor selects from a list of possible reports they are authorized to create according to the role and policy (LDAP) information accessed by the system from their secure login.
Each authorized user has complete control over available resources (such as fonts and styles) while editing, as they are typically centrally managed in the resource collection as digital assets that may be used in any appropriate report.
Depending on the pre-determined workflow, certain report tasks are sent to a supervisor for review and/or comments before approval for print and mail or being returned to the report generator for further work. During this process, the supervisor may also add an electronic sticker to the document, optionally color-coded by role and are role, date and time-stamped.
Once approved for customer delivery, the report can be either locally printed (PCL/PDF) and mailed/e-mailed or sent to a central output management process for further post-processing tasks, such as bundling of reports with other business documents for the same addressee to take advantage of maximizing economies of printing or mailing.
After the report is delivered, customer care personnel may have the ability to search the archive for report viewing, re-printing and re-sending to the end customer, as needed, with re-prints optionally watermarked to indicate the document is not the original.
Product Configuration: Interactive Reporting
Papyrus Designer Package
WYSIWYG report design, data variable definition, complex logic definition
Business users define content of building blocks – text, tables, signatures incl. spell-check and hyphenation. End users / sales or CSR work online or offline and create real time reports to the specific needs of their customers. Full Webportal support.
Central management, administration and control of all users defining business document building blocks and layout, data and logic, versioning, validation, auditing, process management, sign off, change management
Papyrus Adapter/ SOAP Adapter
Loose coupling of business application data with business document/report. Compiler and platform independent.
Interfacing directly with defined user roles. Papyrus Typemanager Simple user and application access to query data from non-ISIS Papyrus databases (ODBC-compliant, SQL Server, Oracle or DB/2) without coding SQL or acquiring/installing database client on each PC.
Short-term and long term storage and retrieval, plus fast search, viewing and reprint of documents, fax and e-mail
Bundling, sorting and merging of different output documents generated at different times into one envelope per addressee, with mail optimization for best mailing discounts, i.e., priority mail, sort upon specific criteria, optional print or Web presentment, fax and e-mail SMTP and more