Papyrus WebControl offers integrated print, job, spool and queue management across all platforms and multiple output channels.
Papyrus WebControl assembles the renowned Papyrus Software document products into the most complete printer and system independent document production and distribution solution. It is based on the Papyrus Objects infrastructure.
Papyrus WebControl can be used on Windows, Unix, Linux and z/OS platforms, supports different printer types like IPDS, IJPDS, Xerox Metacode, Postscript and PCL and offers universal interfaces to archive systems.
Papyrus WebControl provides the following features:
- A complete network print job management solution for in-house print shops, print service or Direct Mail providers
- A single resource library with platform independent forms and fonts
- Management of the complete life cycle of a high volume production job
- Tools to view, manage and control development, customer sign-off, volume-formatting, print production, distribution and archiving through standard web browsers or Papyrus Client and Papyrus Desktop
- Server based job control and management
- Control of not-to-print documents, which can also be distributed via CD-ROM/DVD, Fax, e-mail or the Internet
- Manage the complete life cycle of a volume production job
- Create jobs from predefined templates
- Create jobs with multiple steps e.g. DocEXEC formatting – IPDS printing – Archiving
- Job splitting for parallel processing
- Calling third party programs
- Job logging and job recovery
- Manual and scheduled submission of jobs (local and remote)
- Defining customized queues from templates for various jobs and spools
- User management features allow users and work groups to access selected queues and jobs on one or more servers depending on their role and privileges
- Hold output queues with a simple mouse click
- Reroute output spools to channel attached printers or network printers
- Prioritize spools for faster throughput or split big jobs in smaller units and print them in parallel on several printers
- Drag and drop job control
- Definition of job priorities, e.g. printing large jobs last
- Creation of specific job classes
- User administration and multiuser support
- Remote access to multiple servers from single operator view (Papyrus Desktop or browser)
- Reroute jobs to other queues
- Submit print jobs from both local and remote workstations
- Load balancing of printers
- Selection of Best Match job queues
Spool Management Options:
Define customized queues for various jobs and various spools. User management capabilities allow the user or a work group to access queues and jobs that run on a server or mainframe. Include platform queues to be shown and handled on the user panel. Prioritize spools for faster throughput. Manage and re-route any printer stream from existing JES or other spooling systems.
- Manage print jobs on all printers with TCP/IP address from any workstation in the network
- Manage DocEXEC formatting jobs
- Execute PAGEDEF - Linemode jobs with the help of PageEXEC
- Supports the following printers: AFP to PCL, IPDS, IJPDS, Postscript, Xerox Metacode, PDF, Fax, TIFF and GIF
- Direct printing of the following formats: PCL, Postscript, Metacode, IJPDS
- ‘Up and Running’ operation mode for continuous feeding of all Papyrus Server modules
Print Management Options
Send PageEXEC or DocEXEC jobs for document formatting from your clients to Papyrus Server modules running on different platforms within your intranet or Internet environment.
Papyrus WebControl is built on Papyrus Objects written in C++, which provides the perfect tool for cross-platform IT environments.
This web-enabled technology allows you to also use your browser to access Papyrus Server via the Intra/Internet. Papyrus Objects is the infrastuctural component of Papyrus Software offering object management in a workflow sense.
- z/OS 2.1/2.2/2.3 or
- Windows Vista/7/8/10/Server 2008/Server 2012/Server 2016 or
- AIX 6.1/7.1 or
- HP-UX Itanium 11.31 or
- Solaris V10/V11 or
- Linux (SLES 11/12, RHEL 5/6/7)
- Printing through a Windows printer driver can be done on any standard network printer