With advanced functionality and processing speed, the Papyrus AFP Viewer is ideal for business and production environments that demand superior user interface and presentation of colors. In collaboration with the global printing and imaging industry’s AFP Consortium (AFPC), ISIS Papyrus has released its AFP Viewer as freeware for the benefit of the IT community
- View AFP files in file system or on the Web
- View any AFP file with .afp file extension or any AFP file on the Web with 'application/afp' MIME type
- View AFP files with included PDF files
- Print AFP files to any Windows printer
- Attach electronic notes - Stickers - to documents
- Display and filter indexed documents
- Full text and regular expression search
- Display list of resources used in a document
- Current version:
- 7.1 SP8 (build number 126.96.36.19912)
- Release date:
- March 17th, 2016
- Download options:
- Secure e-mail delivery
Request Free Download
Fill in the form and accept the Terms & Conditions of use.
You will receive an e-mail with download links to the Papyrus AFP Viewer Freeware (MSI installer package) and to the Papyrus AFP Viewer Freeware Installation and Reference Guide (PDF).REQUEST FREE DOWNLOAD
Install Papyrus AFP Viewer
After you have submitted the request form and received the MSI file you can start with the installation of the Papyrus AFP Viewer Freeware plugin.
If a Papyrus AFP Viewer plugin prior to V7.16 is installed on your workstation, this plugin has to be uninstalled completely before you install the new version. Updating plugin versions since V7.16 is possible without prior uninstallation.
The Papyrus AFP Viewer plugin runs on all Windows versions that are in the Microsoft Support Lifecycle and requires a web browser like Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
It is recommended that you install the Papyrus AFP Viewer plugin on a computer where no other ISIS Papyrus products are installed. If you want to install the plugin in combination with a Papyrus installation already present, please follow the instructions in the Papyrus AFP Viewer Freeware Installation and Reference Guide (PDF).
Installation with MSI Installation Package
To install the Papyrus AFP Viewer, save the MSI file on your computer at first and then double-click it to start the installer.
Documentation and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For detailed version information and version history go to the Papyrus AFP Viewer Blog.PAPYRUS AFP VIEWER BLOG
For product details, see the documentation, which comes with the download link.
For questions and feedback about the Papyrus AFP Viewer, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
Associated ISIS Papyrus Products:
In the context of AFP processing, the following ISIS Papyrus products can be purchased:
- Advanced Function Presentation Toolsets - Papyrus Designer, OverView AFP Designer, OverView Font & Image Editor
- Printing Management and Driver Software - Papyrus DocEXEC, Papyrus Server, Papyrus Postprocessing/PrintPool, Papyrus PrinterDriver, Papyrus WebRepository for WebControl and ADF solutions
About ISIS Papyrus Software:
An early adopter of the AFP standard and initial Board member of the AFP Consortium, ISIS Papyrus develops and delivers consolidated customer communication and process optimization solutions for enterprise organizations in the financial, utility, telecommunications, healthcare, insurance and public sectors. With more than 25 years of excellence in customer-focused innovation, 16 offices, 14 subsidiaries and three development centers, ISIS Papyrus supports more than 2,000 enterprise and government customers worldwide. Papyrus software solutions for process improvement, business correspondence, multichannel output, e-mail, document capture and archiving are based on a proven and fully integrated application platform that enables flexibility, efficiency, collaboration, quality and continuous improvement of customer-focused content and processes.
According to the AFPC, AFP, or Advanced Function Presentation, is a presentation architecture that offers independence from specific applications and devices for document and information presentation. Particularly important in driving new industry initiatives like TransPromo and the creation of mission-critical documents such as bills, statements, and policies, AFP has powerful advantages over other print architectures as it supports very high print speeds, output integrity and centralized, automated server-based management.
Additional Industry Resources:
- AFP Consortium - A nonprofit organization committed to develop an optimum and open presentation architecture to serve as the strategic basis for current and future print solutions.
- The ISIS Times – Timely updates and perspective from ISIS Papyrus experts on trends, issues and technology advances in enterprise content management, process management, customer communications and business correspondence.